These mocha chocolate cupcakes with Oreos are so rich, moist, and delicious! They go ideally with a cup of coffee or tea. Plus, they are a great energetic breakfast. You will need 30 minutes to prepare them plus 25 minutes to cook. Here is the recipe:
For the cupcakes:
- 120 grams self-rising flour
- 25 grams’ cocoa powder
- 170 grams’ caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 60 grams unsalted butter
- [the_ad id=”8317″]135 ml milk
- 10 ml prepared instant coffee, cooled
- 12 Oreo cookies, plus extra for topping
For the dark chocolate ganache frosting:
- 200 grams roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 100 ml heavy cream
To make the cupcakes:
- Combine together all dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, and salt). Mix together to get a nice batter with breadcrumb consistency.
- In another bowl, combine together the egg, milk, and prepared coffee, and then apply this to the dry batter and mix to incorporate.
- Spoon one tablespoon of the cake mixture into every cupcake case, apply an Oreo to each one, and top with another tablespoon of the mixture. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. When ready, remove from the tin immediately and let cool entirely on a cooling rack. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting.
To make the frosting:
- In a heatproof bowl, add the chocolate and heat the heavy cream on a low-medium heat until it begins to boil and immediately pour over the chocolate.
- Let them for a few minutes to sit, before combining together.
- Let the ganache completely cool and slightly thicken before beating on a medium-high speed for around 5 minutes. Put the ganache into a piping back and pipe onto the cupcakes. Allow the frosting to cool on the cupcakes before decorating.
- Finally, garnish each top with 1 Oreo cookie and/or sprinkle a few coffee beans, if desired. Serve.