Creamy, unique, and delicious! These tiramisu pancakes are so simple to make – you will need around 10 minutes to prepare them! Plus, they will offer you an amazing tiramisu taste. Here is the recipe:
For the pancakes:
- 90 grams plain flour
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 200 ml milk
- 100 ml water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or sunflower oil (plus some extra for frying)
For the filling:
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 200 grams mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur (like Kahlua)
- 150 ml heavy cream
- The remaining tiramisu filling (optional)
- Cocoa powder, to dust (optional)
- A few berries (optional)
To make the pancakes:
- In a blender or using an electric mixer, mix the milk, eggs, flour, cocoa, instant coffee, sugar, salt, milk, water, and oil until well incorporated. Set in the fridge for 5 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the tiramisu filling.
To make the filling:
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk sugar and egg yolks until pale and creamy. Next, fold in coffee liqueur and mascarpone.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream to firm peaks. Add in the mascarpone mixture.
- Set a crêpe pan or medium frying pan over a medium-high heat and slowly wipe it with oiled kitchen paper. Once hot, cook the pancakes for one minute on each side until golden. When all the pancakes are fried – it’s time to fill them.
- Spoon 2 ½ tablespoons of the filling and spread over each pancake; wrap and garnish with the remaining filling and sprinkle a few berries or dust with cocoa powder (if desired). Serve immediately.