This strawberry clafoutis is so delicious, quick, and very beautiful. Spring is the ideal time for preparing this dessert, though you can always use frozen strawberries and make it throughout the whole year. If goes perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea. You will need just a few minutes to prepare the dessert and around 15 minutes to bake. Here is the recipe:
- 250 grams (1/2 lb) strawberries
- 1 ½ cup (140 grams) flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- ¾ cup (100 grams) sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- A knob (20 grams) of butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Make a regular pancake mixture: combine sugar, flour, and salt. Then, add in the eggs and the warm milk. Combine until well incorporated. You can do this in a blender or in a bowl using an electric mixer.
- Wash the strawberries. Butter 4 small dishes/ramekins/little pans, and apply some strawberries into each ramekin. Divide the batter into each ramekin. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and sprinkle icing sugar over them; set aside to cool. Serve.