This lemon jelly or gelo di limone is so easy to prepare and very refreshing! The recipe is recently created by Rosalla, a member of the popular Italian cooking side Giallo Zafferano. Nice looking and delicious – your kids will love it! Here is the recipe:
- 160 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon zest from 2 organic lemons
- 40 grams’ corn starch
- 400 ml water
- 120 grams’ sugar
- A few fresh mint leaves (to garnish, optional)
- Whipped topping (to garnish, optional)
- First, wash the lemons and grate the get their zest. Infuse the zest into 400 ml water and set aside for 6 hours. After that, strain the infused lemon water in order to remove the lemon zest.
- Next, squeeze a few lemons to get 160 ml fresh lemon juice. Then, in a large cooking pot, apply the starch, sugar, lemon water, and lemon juice. Combine to incorporate. Place over a low heat and stir constantly to avoid any lumps. Cook the mixture until thicken (about 5 minutes).
- Pour the mixture into 4 medium molds and transfer to a refrigerator for about 5-6 hours. After this time the frost is ready to be served or stored in the fridge for a couple of days.
- Before serving, decorate with whipped topping and/or fresh mint leaves (if desired).