This Italian raspberry lemon sorbet is so refreshing and very easy to prepare. A simple and delicious summer treat, a perfect combination of lemon and raspberry, which everybody loves! Plus, it includes only 5 ingredients. Here is the recipe:
- 6 cups raspberries (around 1 ¾ pounds) – thawed if you use frozen
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Finely grated lemon zest from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat the water and sugar, stirring until dissolved, then set aside to cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, apply the raspberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice and process until smooth, around 1 minute.
- Next, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer. You will get around 2 1/3 cups puree.
- Apply the sugar mixture into the raspberry purée and combine. Cover and place in the fridge at least 1 hour, or until cold.
- Beat the raspberry mix to recombine. Then, freeze in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Place in a container and freeze until completely frozen (around 3-4 hours).
- Before serving, let sit at room temperature in order to soften for 3 minutes.
- This raspberry sorbet will keep for up to one month.