This ham and salami salad with figs (or Insalata di prosciutto, salami e fiche) is so delicious and simple to prepare. It is a traditional Italian recipe that tastes like heaven! You can eat it for breakfast, easy lunch, or you can even store and bring it to the beach – your family or friends will love it! Here is the recipe:
- 9-12 ripe figs, depending on size
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 12 thin slices salami
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, separated into small sprigs
- Few fresh mint springs
- 1 small bunch rocket
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A few small Mozzarella balls (optional)
- Raspberries (to garnish, optional)
- Trim the stems of the figs to leave just a short length, then cut the figs into quarters.
- Arrange the ham and salami on a large serving platter. Wash and dry the herbs and rocket and put in a bowl with the prepared figs.
- Whisk the lemon juice and oil together with a fork in a small bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the herbs and rocket and carefully turn them with the figs in the dressing until they are well coated.
- Spoon the figs and leaves onto the meat and arrange on the platter.