This vintage cream cake recipe is so simple and easy to prepare and very delicious! Vintage does not necessarily have to mean that you need to spend all day long in the kitchen – today we have so many facilities that can help us do it simple and quick! Just like that! Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 box white cake mix
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (store bought or homemade)
- 2 ounces (2 squares) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 8-ounce (1 package) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Prepare white cake according to the package directions, and spread into two 9-inch round cake pans. Let cakes cool to room temperature.
- Next, prepare brownies according to the package directions, baking in a 9-inch round cake pan. While baking, prepare the chocolate sauce.
To make the chocolate sauce:
- In a small saucepan, pour the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate, and a tablespoon of water. Cook over low heat, stirring until the chocolate melts entirely (around 5 minutes).
- While the brownies are still warm, apply the brownie layer on a serving plate or cake stand. Gently pour the chocolate sauce on top, allowing it soak into the brownie. Let the sauce soak in for at least 20 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the cream cheese frosting (you can find the recipe below).
- Apply a white cake layer on top of the brownies and top with about ¼ cup of the frosting with an offset spatula.
- Place the 2nd white cake layer and cover the cake with a cream cheese frosting layer. Chill until ready to serve.
To make the frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Put the confectioner’s sugar, one cup at a time, till the frosting is creamy and light.
- For stiffer/thicker frosting, apply more sugar ¼ cup at a time.
- You can add extra milk, 1 tablespoon milk at a time If the frosting is too stiff.
Will definitely make this for my daughter’s birthday !