The chocolate bronze pound cake is the ultimate chocolate pound cake experience! So rich, chocolatey, and moist – what can be better! Easy and simple to make, it will take you 15 minutes to prepare it plus around 1 hour to bake. Surprise your family or friends with this flawless chocolate dessert, following you can find the recipe:
For the chocolate Bundt cake:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup high-quality cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
For the chocolate glaze (optional):
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 100 grams/3.5 oz. dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 1 tablespoon honey or Maple syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour standard Bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs on low speed for 30 sec., scraping bowl constantly. Then, increase the speed to high and beat for 5 min., scraping bowl occasionally.
- Next, reduce the speed to low, and fold in flour mixture alternately with milk; mix until well combined. Pour into pan and bake for 70-80 minutes or until tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes in the pan; then, remove to wire rack and let it cool completely about 35 minutes.
- Prepare the chocolate glaze: in a small saucepan, pour heavy cream, chocolate pieces, and honey/Maple syrup.
- Heat over medium-low until smooth and melted and a little bit thickened (for 3-5 minutes).
- Remove and pour chocolate glaze over the Bundt cake, allow to set for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.