These little vanilla pudding filled cupcakes are so rich, creamy, and very delicious! You can use any pudding you like to fill them – I used vanilla in this one. They are easy to make and fit perfectly for any occasion.
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup egg yolks
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- Vanilla buttercream frosting – optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C/ Gas Mark 3. Using paper liners, line 18 regular-size muffin cups; set aside.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, whip together sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder. Add softened butter and whisk until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine together vanilla and milk. With the mixer running, pour this mixture in 3 additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl after every addition. Place egg yolks and whisk until well incorporated.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter (filling ½ of each cup). Place in the oven and bake for around 20 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes in their tins before taking them out.
- Next, cut a little hole in the middle of each cupcake using a 1-inch round biscuit cutter, pushing cutter down around 2/3 of the way to release cake. Fill each hole with vanilla pudding; cover with scraps to enclose.
- Frost with a vanilla buttercream frosting or some other frosting of your choice (if desired). I was really good with the cone method this time so I left them without frosting.