There is nothing more chocolatey than these cute and delicious chocolate pots de crème. So easy and simple to prepare and beautiful for serving! Perfect dessert! Here is the recipe:
For the pots de crème:
- 255 grams (9 oz.) high-quality milk chocolate, chopped
- 300 ml (1 ¼ cups) heavy cream, divided
- 300 ml (1 ¼ cups) whole milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) granulated sugar
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the topping (optional):
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- berries or lightly salted almonds or pistachios
- shaved dark chocolate
- In a blender, apply the chocolate; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, pour the milk, heavy cream, egg yolks, sugar, and salt and whisk to combine. Then, set the saucepan over medium heat and cook. Stir constantly using a wooden spatula, scraping along sides and bottom of the pan, until you get a slightly thick mixture that nearly boils, around 7-9 minutes.
- Next, remove from heat and immediately add in vanilla extract, combine and pour it through a fine mesh strainer into the blender (where we put the chopped chocolate before).
- Allow sitting for 2 minutes so the chocolate can melt. Then, using a lid, cover the blender and hold a thick kitchen towel over lid, pulse mixture on low until well incorporated.
- Slightly tap blender against the counter a few times just to remove any large air bubbles (you do not want to get rid of all of the bubbles only some of the big ones).
- Split mixture among 6 to 8 serving dessert cups or ramekins. Place in the fridge to set, around 2 to 3 hours.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream/topping, shaved chocolate, some nuts and/or fresh raspberries (optional).