These beautiful lemon bars are so easy to prepare and really delicious. You will need just a few ingredients for this recipe that you may already have in your kitchen. Surprise your family or friends with these refreshing little treats for the weekend – they will adore them! Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
For the filling:
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- Fresh juice from 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together softened butter, ½ cup sugar, and 2 cups flour. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9 by 13 in. pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and firm.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ¼ cup flour and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat in the lemon juice and eggs. Apply over the baked crust and bake for an extra 20 minutes in the oven.
- The lemon bars will set up as they cool. When they are completely cool, slice and serve.