Banana dulce de leche mousse cake is one of my favorite desserts because it is very easy to prepare and so rich, creamy, and delicious! Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 1 box (14 oz.) Nilla Wafers
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
For the mousse:
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- 8 ounces’ cream cheese
- 6 ounces’ white chocolate
- 2 medium bananas
- ¼ cup dulce de leche
For the pudding:
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon instant banana pudding
To make the crust:
- Lightly grease the edges of a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray, then wiping gently with a paper towel.
- Grind the wafers into a fine crumb using a blender or food processor.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the butter over a low heat or in the microwave for 30 sec. Pour it over the cookie crumbs, stir until they are well coated.
- Apply the crumbs into your spring form pan, press evenly into the bottom and up on the sides to make a thick crust. Place in the fridge while you are preparing the filling.
- While you are preparing the next steps, put the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
To make the mousse:
- In a small dish, add 1 tablespoon of cold water. Sprinkle the gelatin over it – spreading the powder evenly. Let the gelatin sit for 2-3 minutes in order to turn to a solid.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix 2 tablespoons heavy cream with the white chocolate chips. Microwave for 30-45 sec. or until the chocolate is melted.
- Then, melt the gelatin for 5-8 seconds in the microwave, or until it turns back to a liquid (remember -watch it carefully!) and stirs the liquid gelatin into the melted chocolate. Leave aside to cool.
- Next, prepare the whipped cream. Add the heavy cream into the chilled bowl, then using an electric mixer beat on medium-high speed until it starts to thicken. Gradually apply the powdered sugar and continue beating on high until stiff peaks form. Leave aside.
- Now, soften the unwrapped cream cheese for 15 sec. in the microwave. Change the mixer to the paddle attachment and whisk the cream cheese until smooth. Then, add the melted chocolate, mixing until it’s incorporated.
- Apply the dulce de leche and mix it into the cream cheese until combined.
- Finally, add in the prepared whipped cream and combine until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.
To make the pudding:
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes. Apply the heavy cream into the chilled bowl beat using an electric mixer on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- Combine with the mousse and spread over the crust.
- To finish, drizzle with dulce de leche and garnish with sliced bananas.