Kladdkaka is the most popular chocolatey dessert in Sweden that will take your breath away! So gooey, so easy, and really delicious! It takes just 30 minutes to make and it has just 6 simple ingredients. Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (plus 1 tablespoon), plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas Mark 4. Line the bottom of a 7-8 inch/18-20 cm springform cake pan with a circle of baking paper; grease the sides of the pan along with the paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, then take off the heat and leave aside.
- Apply the flour, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla to the butter; stir just to incorporate. Then, put the eggs and stir all together until well mixed.
- Spread the mixture into the cake pan. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is set, but the center is still gooey.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan, then run a knife between the pan and the cake in order to loosen it, after that turn out onto a wire rack or plate. Dust generously with some powdered sugar or cocoa powder; slice and serve warm with ice cream or cream.
Enjoy! Smaklig måltid!