This creamy lemon pie is so rich, refreshing, and delicious! You will need just 20 minutes to prepare it, plus a few hours to set. Simple and lemony, this pie is ideal for those who like easy and creamy desserts. Here is the recipe:
For the graham cracker almond crust:
- 135 grams/9 full-sheet graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 62 grams (1/2 cup) salted almonds (you can use roasted)
- 5 Tablespoons (72g) unsalted butter, melted
For the filling and topping:
- 2 cans (14 ounces) full-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) fresh lemon juice (you will need around 4-5 lemons)
- 4 large egg yolks
To garnish: whipped topping or meringue topping, lemon slices, lemon zest, almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
To make the crust:
- In a blender or food processor, process the almonds and graham crackers together into fine crumbs. Then, place in a medium bowl and add in sugar and melted butter. Combine to incorporate.
- Press tightly in a 9-in. pie dish. Place in the oven and pre-bake the crust for 8 minutes.
- Remove but don’t turn off the oven.
To make the filling:
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice together and pour into warm crust.
- Place in the oven again and bake for about 18 to 22 minutes or until just “slightly” jiggly in the middle. You want it mostly set. Then, remove from the oven and let cool entirely on a wire rack. When cool, garnish with whipped topping or meringue topping (if desired) cover and chill for one hour before serving.
- Garnish with almonds, lemon slices, or lemon zest (optional) slice and serve. (Keep in the refrigerator for up to one week).