This risotto with asparagus recipe is so creamy, tasty, and healthy! It can be an ideal lunch for you and your family. It is easy to prepare and delicious! Here is the recipe:
- 500 grams/ 1 lb 2 oz. asparagus
- 1 liter/ 1 ¾ pints water
- A pinch of sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 300 grams/10 ½ oz. risotto rice
- 125 ml/ 4 fl oz. white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus. Cut off the tips and set them aside. Cut the rest of the asparagus into pieces. Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan with the sugar, 1 teaspoon of the butter and a little salt. Blanch the asparagus tips briefly. Remove them with a slotted spoon, refresh in iced water and set aside. Put the asparagus pieces in the cooking liquid and cook them for 15 minutes. Pour the liquid through a sieve, saving the broth. Puree the asparagus with a hand-held electric mixer and set aside to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan, add the onion and sauté. Add the rice, stirring to coat with butter, then deglaze the pan with the wine. As soon as the wine has evaporated, pour in one-third of the hot asparagus broth, stirring constantly until it is absorbed.
- Repeat twice. After a cooking time of about 15 minutes, add the remaining butter and the asparagus puree, and blend the asparagus tips into the rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.