This chocolate dream fudge pie is so rich, moist, and delicious! It is very simple and easy to prepare which makes it ideal for all chocolate and pie lovers! Make it for the weekend and try to eat just one piece. Here is the recipe:
- 1 – 9-inch pie crust
- 6 – 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- In a double boiler or a microwave (on medium for 45 sec.), in a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and corn syrup. Pour in the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and whisk to incorporate. Fold in the pecans.
- Next, rub 2 tablespoons of softened butter on the bottom of the pie crust and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar on top of the butter. Then, spread the chocolate mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake 30-35 minutes or until the filling is set. It should be soft to touch. Remove and slice.
- You can serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (if desired).