Pineapple pie is an easy recipe with a creamy, refreshing, and delicious taste. You can prepare it for the weekend and enjoy a slice of this amazing pineapple pie along with a nice glass of Pina colada cocktail and feel the sun! Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
For the filling:
- 20 oz. crushed pineapple pieces drained very well
- 4 ounce (2 packages) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 8 ounces whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)
- Pineapple slices (optional)
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
To make the crust:
- In a blender, process the graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Mix graham crackers crumbs and melted butter.
- Stir well, until evenly moistened. Next, press the mix into the bottom and up the sides of pie dish.
- Press well to compact. Use your fingers to press the sides and a glass to press the bottom.
- Place in the fridge to set. In the meantime, prepare the filling.
To make the filling:
- In a mixer bowl, mix crushed pineapple, vanilla pudding mix, and sour cream. Combine until well incorporated.
- Pour into the crust. Spread evenly.
- Finally, top the pie with whipped topping.
- Garnish with some pineapple slices and/or Maraschino cherries (if desired). Slice and serve.