This Limoncello mousse is simply ideal for the spring-summer season! Creamy, refreshing, smooth and very delicious, plus so easy to prepare! Surprise your family and friends with this amazing treat this weekend – they will like it! Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4 oz. (1/2 block) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Limoncello liqueur
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- finely grated zest from 1 fresh lemon
- Extra lemon zest (optional)
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- Using a mixer, beat the heavy cream and sugar until it is stiff and peaks form. Then, transfer to a clean bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream cheese, Limoncello, vanilla, and lemon zest until smooth and combined.
- Next, gently apply in the heavy cream and sugar mixture, and stir until incorporated.
- Spoon in serving glasses/cups and garnish with extra lemon zest or fresh fruit.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for an even better taste before serving, or serve immediately.