These pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting are the real deal for this season! Beautiful and cut, simply ideal for the Thanksgiving day to surprise your family and friends with a nice fall dessert. Here is the recipe:
For the pumpkin cupcakes:
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
For the cinnamon cream cheese frosting:
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
To make the pumpkin cupcakes:
- Preheat an oven to 375°F /190°C /Gas Mark 5. Grease or line with paper muffin liners 24 muffin cups. Sift together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk 1/2 cup of butter, the brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. You should get a lighter in color mixture. Add the eggs one at a time, blending each egg into the butter mixture before applying the next. Next, fold in the pumpkin puree and milk. Add the flour mixture, combining until just incorporated. Spread the batter into the muffin cups.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden about 25 minutes. Remove and cool in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting.
To make the frosting:
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and ¼ butter until smooth. Whisk in the confectioners’ sugar and beat until incorporated. Apply the cinnamon and vanilla extract; beat until fluffy.
- When the cupcakes are cool, frost with the cream cheese icing.
- To decorate, sprinkle pumpkin spice if desired.