This pound cake parfaits and cheesecake filling and blueberry sauce is so rich, creamy and delicious! Plus, it is so simple and easy to prepare. It can be an ideal after lunch treat that will satisfy your sweet carvings and perfect spring-summer dessert. Here is the recipe:
- 1 store-bought (or homemade) pound cake (I used Sara Lee all butter pound cake NET WT 10.75 oz./304 grams)
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
For the blueberry sauce:
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the cheesecake topping:
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 355 ml (1 ½ cups) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 90 grams (3/4 cup) powdered sugar
To make the blueberry sauce:
- In a saucepan, add cornstarch and granulated sugar and whisk over medium-high heat. Add in lemon juice and water. Next, place the frozen blueberries. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Let mixture boil for around 2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove and allow mixture to cool then put in the freezer to speed chill, checking it and stirring on 5 minutes until cold.
To make the cheesecake topping:
- Using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Next, in a separate mixing bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Transfer whipped cream mix into cream cheese mix and combine.
To assemble parfaits:
- Using a knife, gently cut pound cake into small cubes.
- Divide ½ of the pound cake cubes among serving glasses or cups. Spoon or pipe ½ of the cheesecake filling over pound cake layer.
- Top with one to two spoonsful of blueberry sauce. Repeat layering once more.
- Before serving, decorate with fresh mint leaf (if desired). Serve immediately.