This pina colada creamy cold cake can be your ideal dessert for the season that comes. Spring and summer are simply perfect to enjoy this creamy and delicious Italian dessert. Here is the recipe:
- 1 basic pandispan / sponge cake base
For the syrup:
- 3 tablespoons white rum (I used Malibu)
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice
For the filling:
- 350 ml heavy cream
- 20 grams icing sugar
- 90 ml condensed milk
- 20 ml coconut milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 80 grams coconut flakes
- 50 grams fresh pineapple, finely chopped (or chopped pineapples from a can)
- Coconut flakes (optional)
- Pineapple slices
- Make the syrup, combining the rum and juice in a cup or a small bowl. Next, apply the sponge cake base on a round dish and wet it with the juice and rum mixture. Place in the fridge for around 10 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, into a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and icing sugar until it reaches stiff peaks. Next, apply the egg yolk, coconut milk, and condensed milk and whisk until well incorporated. Finally, add the coconut flakes and combine shortly.
- Chop the pineapple and sprinkle over the cake base. Then, with a spatula – spread the cream over the chopped pineapple. Put in the freezer for 6 hours (or preferably overnight).
- You can serve this desert straight from the freezer – it won’t be ice cold – but semi-cold and creamy – very enjoyable!
- Before serving, decorate with some coconut flakes or pineapple slices (if desired). Slice and serve.