This pecan ice cream pie recipe is the real deal this spring! Is so silky, creamy-cold, and very delicious! It has a nice pecan flavor and is very easy to prepare. Here is the recipe:
Servings 8 to 10
For the crust:
- 3⁄4cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 tablespoons butter (cubed, chilled)
- 1⁄4cup ice-cold water
For the ice-cream and topping:
- ¾ box vanilla ice cream (I used Breyers which is 2 QUART/1.89L)
- 2 cups whole pecans (+ more to decorate)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
To make the crust:
- Combine sugar and pecans in blender/food processor and mix until finely ground. Apply flour and pulse to combine. Put butter and process until crumbs form.
- Then, apply ¼ cup cold water and egg yolk and process just until incorporated. Place to counter; knead into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F/ 190°C/ Gas Mark 5.
- Roll dough on a floured work surface, until ⅛” thick. Next, line a 9-inch pie plate with dough; prick with the tines of a fork over the bottom.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, around 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
To make the candied pecans:
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg white until frothy and loose; apply sugar and pecans and toss until evenly coated. Next, apply an even layer to a lined baking sheet with parchment paper; place in the oven and bake for around 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and dry. Remove and allow to cool completely.
To make the pecan ice cream:
- In a bowl, add the vanilla ice cream and candied pecans, combine and transfer ice cream mixture to pie crust, spread with a rubber spatula. Garnish with some whole pecans; and place in the freezer until set, at least 3 hours. Slice and serve.