This peanut butter sheet cake is so creamy and moist that you will love it! Simple and easy to prepare this is one of my favorite quick cake recipes. It took me just 23 minutes to prepare it plus 20 minutes cooking time. Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 ½) sticks butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 10x15x1-in. jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, combine together sugar, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and water and bring to a simmer; stirring occasionally to melt the butter.
- Next, apply 1/2 cup peanut butter and olive oil into butter mixture. Add into flour mixture.
- Beat together eggs, vanilla extract, and buttermilk. Stir into flour mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Place in the oven and bake around 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cooling.
- While cooling, prepare the frosting. With an electric mixer beat peanut butter and butter together until smooth.
- Apply ½ of confectioners’ sugar and ½ of milk and whisk until smooth.
- Apply remaining milk, confectioners’ sugar, and the vanilla pudding mix and whisk until smooth. Pour a little more milk if needed.
- Spread frosting on the cake. Slice and serve.