This peach mousse can be your ideal refreshing, energetic breakfast or quick and easy after lunch treat – especially if peaches are one of your favorite fruits. You will need only 5 minutes to prepare it plus around 2 hours to set. Your kids will love it! Here is the recipe:
Serving 6 dessert cups
For the Peach Mousse:
- 1 lb. peaches (preferably ripe, peeled and diced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- A few mint leaves (optional)
- Peach slices (optional)
- Transfer the peeled and diced peaches into a food processor/blender. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and process until pureed. Set aside (keep in the blender jar).
- In a small saucepan, pour 5 tablespoons cold water and add the gelatin. Stir shortly to combine and let sit 3 minutes to soften. After that, add in ⅓ cup sugar and apply over medium heat. Stir for 1-2 minutes, or just until dissolved. Then, remove from heat (do not overcook).
- Apply gelatin mix to the puree and blend until well incorporated. Cover with lid and refrigerate until the mix starts to thicken (about 2 hours).
- When the puree begins to thicken, whisk 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add whipped cream into fruit mix, beating until smooth.
- Spread evenly between 6 serving glasses or ramekins. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, decorate with 2-3 tiny peach slices or a fresh mint leaf (if desired).