Rich, creamy chocolate mousse pie is a perfect treat for everyone who likes mousse and chocolate. Deep, decadent mousse is nestled in a chocolate coated chocolate cookie crust and topped with a light, fluffy whipped cream cloud. So simple to make it’s silly!
For the pecan crust:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
For the Nutella mousse:
- 1 ¼ cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
To make the crust:
- In a bowl, combine crumbs, pecans, confectioner’s sugar, and butter. Press batter into a 9-inch pie dish. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom and sides of the plate.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes (of 45 minutes in the refrigerator if you are not in a hurry).
To make the Nutella mousse filling:
- Place the heavy whipping cream in the well-chilled bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a well-chilled balloon whip.
- Whisk on high speed until peaks form (1-2 minutes). Set aside.
- Whisk the whites in a large stainless-steel bowl, until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Add 1 ½ tablespoon sugar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add Nutella to the whipped cream and beat on high to incorporate (30 sec), then apply the egg whites and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mousse filling into the pie crust and spread evenly. Return the pie to the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Slice with a sharp knife warmed in hot water to make slicing easier.