This Mariner’s pizza is so perfect for the spring-summer season! It goes ideally with a glass of beer (control your alcohol consumption – 1 glass is enough while eating). Anyway, this is the traditional Italian Marine’s pizza recipe and one of my favorite pizzas.
- 1 basic pizza dough
- 800 grams/1 lb 12 oz. canned chopped tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 55 grams/ 2 oz. capers
- 100 grams/ 3 ½ oz. black olives
- 200 grams/ 7 oz. Bel Paese cheese, grated (if you cannot find Bel Paese in your country, you can use mozzarella cheese)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/ Gas Mark 7 and grease four round pizza tins.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions and roll them into rounds on a floured work surface. Place the rounds on the prepared tins.
- Distribute the tomatoes over the dough. Season with the garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper. Scatter over the capers and olives and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Drizzle over the oil, then bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.