A refreshing, creamy, chocolaty lemon cheesecake pie is always a great idea in a beautiful spring or summer day. This is a simple Italian pie (or crostata), traditionally prepared with Limone from Amalfi Coast. Though, you can make this amazingly delicious Italian Limoncello white chocolate cheesecake pie with Meyer lemons, of course. Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 230 grams Il GranTurchese (Italian biscuits) or Graham crackers
- 60 grams white chocolate, melted
- 35 grams of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar
For the Lemon filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Limoncello (Italian lemon liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- First, preheat the oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3.
To make the crust:
- In a blender or food processor, process the biscuits/ Graham crackers into fine crumbs. Pour the melted white chocolate, melted butter, sugar. Blend to combine.
- Place the mixture in a pie plate and press evenly to make the base. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
To make the lemon filling:
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, Limoncello, salt, and vanilla until well incorporated and smooth.
- Spread over the base and bake for around 40 minutes or until set and slightly wobbly. Set aside to cool. Then, place in the fridge to chill for about 5 hours.
- Top with royal icing or whipped cream, before serving.
*In order to keep the base from burning, use a foil to cover the crust.