I really like lemon flavored everything – especially sweet desserts with a lemon flavor – there is nothing more refreshing, delicious, and nice. My husband love mousses – his ideal breakfast consists of fruit mousse and a cup of espresso early in the morning. So, this is totally his jam! Here is my lemon cheesecake mousse recipe:
For the Crust:
- 75 grams (7/8 cup / 2.6 oz.) graham crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Mousse:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 20 grams (2 teaspoons) unflavored gelatin powder or 5 gelatin leaves
- 110 grams (1 cup) powdered sugar, divided
- 2 cups (420 ml) heavy cream
- Yellow food coloring (if desired)
- 10 oz. (1 jar) lemon curd
- 360 grams (13 oz.) cream cheese softened
- Sweetened whipped cream, berries, lemon wedges, and/or mint leaves (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together crushed graham crackers and sugar. Put in butter and whisk until well combined, and evenly moistened.
- Split batter among 10 to 12 dessert cups. Press into an even layer. Leave aside.
- Pour water and lemon juice into a small bowl. Then, sprinkle gelatin evenly over top, let rest 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, whip heavy cream in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Apply 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and a few drops of food coloring (if using) and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- In a large mixing bowl whip cream cheese until fluffy and smooth. Add the remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar and lemon curd into cream cheese mix.
- Heat the gelatin mix in the microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir shortly to dissolve gelatin. Let cool for one to two minutes (no longer).
- While beating cream cheese mix with a hand mixer, gradually add in gelatin mix then blend until thoroughly blended.
- Gently fold ½ of the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mix to lighten, next add remaining whipped cream and gently fold until well combined.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into dessert cups over the cracker layer. In the end, cover and put in the fridge for 3 hours (or preferably overnight) to set. You can garnish with some berries, lemon slice, or/ and mint leaf. Serve cold.