This key lime mousse pie is so rich, creamy, and very refreshing. A perfect dessert for the spring-summer season. No-bake, easy to make, and truly delicious! Here is the recipe:
Servings 12 to 18
- 1 Graham cracker crust or other crust of your choice
- 1 recipe key lime curd
- 4 tablespoons water
- 10 grams (1 package) gelatin powder
- 4 large egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lime, thinly sliced (to decorate, optional)
- Make the crust according to the recipe instructions. Then, make the key lime curd according to the instructions of the recipe.
- Now, make the mousse:
- In a small bowl or cup, add the water and gelatin and combine them together. Set aside to set for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add 1 ¾ cup of the lime curd. In a saucepan, combine the gelatin mix with another ¾ cup of the lime curd and place on a medium heat just until dissolved, stirring constantly. Remove.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and sugar until thick and creamy. Add the gelatin and lime curd mixture, beat shortly and then, add the whole lime curd mixture. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold it into the lime curd mixture in 2 additions.
- Spoon the mousse over the crust and place in the fridge to set for a few hours. Before serving, garnish with lime slices (if desired). Slice and serve.