This key lime curb can be a perfect addition to numerous desserts that require a nice, smooth, refreshingly, fruity, zesty taste. You can also use it as a lime spread over a piece of bread and have the best spring-summer breakfast. Here is the recipe:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest, finely grated
- 1/4 cup (6 limes) key-lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- In a saucepan, add eggs, sugar, lime juice, and zest and apply over medium-low heat. Whisking constantly, cook until mixture starts to thicken (around 10 minutes). Remove pan from heat.
- Place the mixture in a mixing bowl, and beat in butter until well incorporated. Strain the mixture into a glass bowl and lay plastic on the surface in order to prevent a skin from forming.
- Place in the fridge and chill for about 4 hours (or preferably overnight) to set the lime curd.