This Kahlúa coffee brownie cheesecake is a very delicious and unique dessert with coffee and chocolate flavor. So, if you like the flavor of coffee and liqueur in desserts then this is ideal for you! Here is the recipe:
For the brownie bottom:
- 1/2 cups loosely packed pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 5 tablespoons. cacao or cocoa powder (sweetened or unsweetened – optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- A pinch of salt
For the Kahlúa coffee cheesecake:
- 680 grams (24 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 230 grams (1 cup) sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) Kahlúa (coffee flavored liqueur), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache:
- 220 grams (8 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons Kahlúa liqueur
- 75 ml (5 tablespoons) heavy cream
For the Kahlúa whipped cream:
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa liqueur
- 6 tablespoons (45g) powdered sugar
To make the brownie:
- Mix the dates, cocoa, walnuts, water, vanilla, and salt in a blender. Process until well combined, scraping down as needed – It might seem dry at first, but do not add any extra water.
- Lightly grease a cake tin, or line it with wax or parchment paper. Transfer dough to the baking tray and press very firmly until dough is evenly distributed in the cake tin. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese on low speed until well fully combined and smooth.
- Then, add the sour cream and beat on low speed until well incorporated.
- In a small bowl, mix the coffee granules and Kahlua and stir until the smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and Kahlua mixture a to the cream cheese batter and mix on low speed until combined.
- Remove the brownie from the fridge and pour the cheesecake mixture evenly over the brownie. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer to firm.
To Finish Off the Cheesecake:
- In the meantime, make the ganache. Put the chocolate chips in a small heatproof Combine the Kahlua and heavy cream in a glass measuring cup heat just until it begins to bowl.
- Pour the hot fluid over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Remove the brownie cheesecake from the freezer and apply the chocolate ganache onto the top of it and spread evenly. Place in the freezer again.
To make the whipped cream:
- Next, add the powdered sugar, Kahlua, and heavy cream to a large mixer bowl. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Pipe the cream onto the top of the brownie cheesecake.
- Sprinkle the top with cocoa powder, if desired. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- This cheesecake is best for about 4 to 5 days.