Raffaello is my favorite Italian cookies because I really like the combination of coconut, white cream, and hazelnuts. But, I found Raffaello Summer For You candies, which Ferrero made with whole almond inside (instead of the whole hazelnut) and they are simply delicious! So, I decided to include these tiny treats in my creamy cold cake recipe.
It is very easy to prepare, you can surprise your family and friends this summer with this wonderful creamy cold Raffaello cake. Here is the recipe:
- 1 tiny basic pandispan / basic sponge cake base
For the syrup:
- 2 tablespoons Malibu rum
- 5 tablespoons water
For the filling:
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 10 grams icing sugar
- 110 g condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 grams’ white chocolate, melted
- 100 grams shredded coconut
To garnish (optional):
- Shredded coconut
- Almond flakes
- Raffaello candies
- Prepare the syrup, mixing the Malibu rum and water.
- Apply the sponge cake base on a baking sheet/parchment paper and wet it with the mixture based on water and rum. Place in the fridge for about 5 minutes to moist well.
- For the meantime, in a large bowl, apply the heavy cream and icing sugar; beat with electric mixer until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Next, add the condensed milk and the egg yolk and mix until well incorporated.
- Melt the white chocolate over a double-boiler/ in a microwave for 30 sec. While still warm, apply it to the mixture and beat all over again to combine. To finish, add the shredded coconut and combine with a spoon.
- With the help of a spatula, pour the cream on the base of the cake and place in the freezer for 4 hours before serving.
- Before serving, decorate with almond flakes, shredded coconut, and Raffaello cookie (if desired).
- Keep it in the freezer.
- You can serve this cake straight from the freezer – don’t worry – it won’t be ice cold – just semi-cold and creamy!