Cimbellone is a traditional Italian Bundt cake recipe that is rich, soft and moist dessert. You can have it for breakfast, tea-time, or after lunch to satisfy your sweet cravings. Today, am offering you a nice, lemony, refreshing Italian Bundt cake. Here is the recipe:
For the ciambellone:
- /200 grams’ butter softened, plus extra for greasing
- 10 ½ oz./300 grams’ sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 10 ½ oz. /300 grams plain /flour
- 3 ½ oz./100 grams’ corn flour or potato flour
- Zest from 1 lemon, finely grated
- juice from ½ lemon, freshly squeezed
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 sachet pane di angeli, or you can use 1 teaspoon baking powder combined with 2-3 drops vanilla essence
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 40-50 grams icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Lightly grease a Bundt cake pan.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until pale and creamy.
- Next, stir in the egg yolks, potato/corn flour, plain flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice together with 4 tablespoons of milk. Add in 1 to 2 more tablespoons of milk if the mix is really thick. It must be light, creamy, and stand in soft peaks.
- Apply the pane di angeli, or the vanilla and baking powder mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Then add the egg whites into the mix.
- Spread the mixture into the greased Bundt cake pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until springy to touch and golden brown.
- While baking, make the lemon drizzle. In a small bowl, stir the lemon juice along with the icing sugar until smooth and well incorporated.
- Remove the cake from the oven, then make some little holes using a toothpick and drizzle with the lemon sauce. Allow chilling at room temperature. Slice and serve.