This Italian banana fig bread is so easy to prepare! The instructions are simple, taking a very short time to make – therefore I called it “hasty recipe”. It will take you 15 minutes to prepare and around 45 minutes to cook this delicious bread. Here is the recipe:
Servings 2 loaves
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4-ounces (1 stick) softened unsalted butter
- 5-6 medium ripe bananas (2 1/2 cups) – mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups Farro flour (or whole wheat pastry flour or spelled)
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, grounded
- 1 1/2 cup fresh figs, chopped (plus 4 for top)
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Then, lightly grease and flour 2 loaf pans (9 by 5 in. each)
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter. Next, add the eggs and mix well until incorporated.
- Add the yogurt and bananas to the egg mixture and combine well.
- In another bowl, stir together the 2 flours, salt, soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and whisk just until incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped figs and hazelnuts.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pans.
- Then, slice 4 figs and apply on the top of each pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 45 minutes, or just until a tester comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Cool for 15 minutes then remove from the pans. Continue to cool on a wire rack. Slice and serve.