Shout-out to all chocolate and liqueur lovers out there! This Irish Cream Chocolate sheet cake is the perfect dessert for you! Easy and quick to prepare and very chocolatey – what can be better! Try the following recipe:
For the cake:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cup hot (almost boiling) water
- ¾ cup melted butter (unsalted)
- ¼ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of kosher salt
For the icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, soften
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F/ 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Prepare a standard sheet pan by spraying with non-stick spray and greasing with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, beat together flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, sugar, and espresso powder until well incorporated.
- Add melted butter and very hot water over mixture and combine until everything is incorporated.
- Whisk in the Irish cream, then eggs (one at a time), and add in vanilla extract.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking sheet and put in the oven. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or just until tester inserted in middle comes out mostly clean.
- In the meantime, prepare the icing. In a large saucepan, whisk together cocoa powder, butter, and Baileys and set over medium-high heat.
- Next, bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat. Immediately add in powdered sugar; stir until melted and well combined.
- Remove cake from oven; while still warm – pour icing over the top.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes; slice and serve.