French silk pie is one of my favorite desserts and I often experiment with the taste. I found the combination of French silk pie and brownies very delicious and got the best French silk pie brownies, which makes this the ideal chocolate lovers dessert! Here is the recipe:
For the brownies:
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
For the French silk pie topping:
- 4 oz. dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 ¾ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 16 oz. container whipped topping, frozen and thawed (l used Cool Whip)
- Shaved chocolate or chocolate curls, for garnish (optional)
- Make the brownies according to package instructions and allow to cool completely.
- Next, melt the dark chocolate together with the butter over a low heat or in a microwave (on high, for 30 sec.). Stir until melted and smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and cream cheese shortly, then pour the melted chocolate and beat all over again until well-combined. Add in 1/2 of the whipped topping (8 oz.).
- Now, spread the filling over the prepared brownies. To finish, top with the remaining Cool Whip, and garnish with some chocolate curls (if desired).
- Place in the fridge for 4-5 hours, or until set. Cut into squares and serve.