I really like brownies! The ideal breakfast for me is a cup of tea and a piece of brownie. It relaxes me and gives me energy. And I mean – who doesn’t like French silk pie! So, I turned this classic dessert into fudgy brownies topped with a chocolate mousse and cream. Here is the French silk brownies recipe:
Servings 9 brownies
For the brownies:
- 3-ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (12 oz./ 340 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the chocolate layer:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 whole pasteurized eggs
For the topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ½ tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or shaved chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Line an 9 x 9 x 1 1/2 in. (23 x 23 x 4 cm) baking pan with parchment paper, foil, or grease and flour pan, and set aside.
To make the brownies:
- In a bowl mix together oil and melted chocolate until smooth.
- Add sugar and eggs and beat until well combined.
- Fold in baking powder, flour, and salt until mixed together.
- Place into prepared pan and put in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes – or until a tester comes out generally clean.
- Remove and cool completely. When the brownies are completely cool make the chocolate layer.
To make the chocolate layer:
- In a large bowl using a stand mixer or an electric mixer beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy; around 2 minutes. Slowly mix in cooled chocolate. Put vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add one egg at a time, beating for three minutes on medium high after every egg. Spread the chocolate layer over cooled brownies.
To make the topping:
- Use a mixer to beat the heavy cream. Add vanilla and sugar mix until stiff peaks. Next, spread over chocolate layer.
- In the end, sprinkle with some shaved chocolate pieces or chocolate chips. Place in the fridge for at least an hour until set. Slice and serve.