This flourless chocolate cake is so simple and easy to make, and you will get a delicious chocolate cake without flour. Isn’t that fantastic? If you are a chocolate lover but you are gluten intolerant then this flourless chocolate cake ideal for you. Here is the recipe:
- 12 ounces’ bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- Cocoa powder and/or confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Serving suggestion: whipped cream, chocolate sauce, ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3. Spray a 9 x 2-in. springform pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, apply the butter, chocolate, and a pinch of salt. Melt in the microwave on medium-low for 2 minutes. If needed, stir and microwave again until melted and smooth, around 2 minutes more. Or, alternatively, place the chocolate, butter, and salt in a heatproof bowl and heat over low heat just until melted and smooth. Stir occasionally until melted.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and eggs until light and thickened about 8-10 minutes. Pour the melted chocolate into the beaten eggs until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out moist but not gooey, around 1 hour and 25 minutes. Remove it from the oven and allow to cool on a rack.
- Remove ring from springform mold when ready to serve. Dust cake with some cocoa powder or/and confectioners’ sugar.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream, chocolate sauce or ice cream if desired.