Experience this amazingly moist and strongly delicious pound cake dessert this weekend and you definitely won’t regret the preparation time! This chocolate cream cheese pound cake is so well set still simple and easy to prepare. It will take you around 25 minutes to make it plus about 5 hours in total (including baking and setting time). Here is the recipe:
For the chocolate pound cake:
- 215 grams flour
- 60 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 330 grams granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 110 grams vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 160 grams sour cream, at room temperature
- 110 ml buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 110 ml freshly brewed (hot) black coffee
For the cream cheese filling:
- 160 grams cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 55 grams granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Topping ideas (optional):
- Chocolate ganache
- Whipped topping
To make the chocolate pound cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C; Grease one pound cake pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla, and buttermilk together until well incorporated.
- Apply the wet ingredients into the dry ones, pour the freshly brewed coffee, and mix all until you get a nice batter. Set aside as you prepare the filling.
To make the cream cheese filling:
- Using an electric mixer, on high speed, whisk the cream cheese until no lumps remain. Now, on medium-high speed, whisk in the rest of the ingredients until incorporated.
- Place 1/2 of the chocolate batter evenly into the prepared pan. Then, spread all of the cream over (because of the thickness you can use a spoon to spread it around – do not touch the sides of the baking pan). After that, pour the rest of the chocolate batter on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 55 to 65 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in it comes out clean or with just a few light moist crumbs.
- When done, remove and let it for 2 hours inside the baking pan. After that, invert the cooled pound cake onto a serving dish or wire rack. Allow cake to chill entirely, then refrigerate for two hours to set.
- Before serving, garnish with toppings of your choice (if desired); slice and serve.
- You can keep any leftovers in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Replace the coffee with one cane of condensed tomato soup it’s amazing in a chocolate cake I’ve been doing it for years