This Italian chocolate craving cake is ideal for all chocolate lovers! So rich, so creamy…simply delicious! Plus, really easy to prepare. Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coffee or boiling water
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line an 8×8-in. baking pan with parchment paper and spray bottom and sides.
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixer bowl.
- Put milk, egg, vanilla, and oil and combine on low until well incorporated. Then increase the speed to medium and mix all over again for additional 2 minutes.
- Next, add in coffee/boiling water and stir- mixture will be really thin.
- Apply the batter into prepared pan. Bake for around 35 to 40 minutes. Cool for about 10 minutes in baking pan, then continue cooling on a rack till room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Melt the chocolate chips over a pot of barely simmering water or 30 sec. in a microwave.
- Place the vanilla and sour cream and stir by hand until frosting is fluffier and well combined. Finally, spread over the cooled cake. Let it firm for 30 minutes. Slice and serve.