This eggless chocolate cake with flawless chocolate ganache is so delicious! Simple and easy to prepare, but moist and very chocolatey, this cake is probably one of the best chocolate desserts in the world. Plus, it is perfect for people who suffer from egg intolerance. Here is the recipe:
For the eggless chocolate cake:
- 220 grams’ all-purpose flour
- 255 grams’ sugar
- 85 grams’ bitter cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 400 ml whole milk
- 40 ml orange juice
- 40 ml seed oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache:
- 9 oz. (250 grams) high-quality dark chocolate (70%), chopped
- 8 oz. (235 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon dark rum (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 325°F/Gas Mark 3. Grease and flour a 24 cm round baking dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with sugar, then add the baking powder and sifted cocoa and combine.
- Next, pour the milk with the orange juice, oil and vanilla essence into the bowl with the dry ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon until you get a nice, homogeneous batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Place into the hot oven and cook for 35 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes then turn off on a serving dish and let it cool completely. Once cooked, check with the schnitzel test, turn over the cake of a serving dish and let it cool.
- While cooling, prepare the ganache.
- Put the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the double cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to the boil, watching carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot.
- When the double cream has come to the boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, add the maple syrup/honey and whisk until smooth. Stir in the rum if desired.
- Allow the ganache to cool very slightly (no longer than 1 minute) before pouring over the cake. Start at the center of the cake and work outward. Slice and serve.