These pina colada cookie cups are so cute, creamy, and delicious! They can be a beautiful treat for any summer party! Easy to prepare – quick to consume! Here is the recipe:
For the cookie cups:
- 170 grams (3/4 cups) salted butter, at room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 1 teaspoon white rum (preferably Malibu)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 260 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
For the cheesecake filling:
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pineapple juice
- 340 grams (12 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 230 grams (2 cups) powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons drained pineapple, crushed
For the cream:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- coconut flakes
- pineapple tidbits
To make the cookie cups:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Use a nonstick cooking spray to spray a cupcake pan. Set aside.
- Prepare the cookie dough: using an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Apply the egg and white rum and beat until well incorporated. Place the dry ingredients to the wet ones and whisk until smooth. You should get a thick dough.
- Now, make balls of around 2 tablespoons of dough and press it into the bottom (and around 1/3 to ½ way up the sides of every cupcake cup, creating a cup shape.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or just until edges are golden. Then, remove and let them cool mostly in the pan, around 7 minutes, and remove to a cooling rack.
- If the centers are not cupped enough to apply filling, then use the bottom of a tablespoon or the end of a wooden spoon to press the center down a little bit while they are still warm.
- When the cookies are cooled, prepare the cheesecake filling.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- In a small heatproof bowl, combine the cornstarch and pineapple juice. Microwave it in10 sec. increments till thickened, around 20 sec. Leave aside to cool.
- Whisk the powdered sugar and cream cheese together until smooth.
Put the crushed pineapple and pineapple juice mixture and combine until well incorporated. Scoop or pipe cheesecake filling into each cookie cup.
To make the cream:
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the heavy cream, coconut extract, and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe or spoon cream onto each cookie cup and sprinkle with coconut flakes (if desired). To decorate, top with a cherry and/or a piece of pineapple (optional). Store in the fridge for 15 minutes to set, before serving.