These chocolate turkey cookies are so simple and easy to prepare. Plus, they are very delicious and decorative. Just ideal for the Thanksgiving day! Surprise your family or friends with these tiny and cute cookies and they will love them! Here is the recipe:
For the cookies:
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Edible googly eyes
- orange candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Prepare the cake mix according to the directions of the package. Then, add butter and egg and beat with electric mixer until well incorporated. Roll into small balls (around 1 in. or a lesser.) and arrange on a pan lined with baking paper.
- Place in the oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and allow the cookies to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate.
- Pipe frosting into the center of each cookie. Apply candy corn along 1 edge for the feathers. Apply another cookie on top. Use a little bit of frosting to put the eyes and the tip of a candy corn.
- Use a little bit of frosting to create eyes. Then, make the beak with the tip of an orange candy corn. And you are done!
Enjoy and have a fun Thanksgiving!