These dulce de leche and butterscotch chocolate quick bars with nice caramel touch are so rich, silky, and really delicious! The match between dulce de leche, butterscotch, and chocolate is simply flawless! Prepare and share the beautiful moment with your family or friends. It will take you just 15 minutes to make it plus a few hours to set. Here is the recipe:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups quick or regular oats
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 ½ stick) salted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 2 cans (13.5-ounce each) dulce de leche
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup Spanish peanuts
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4. Use an aluminum foil to line a 9-in. square baking pan and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine together the oats, flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter and whisk until the batter resembles coarse crumbs. Apply the mixture into the prepared baking pan, then pat lightly in order to pack it slightly.
- Place in the oven and bake into the preheated oven until light golden brown on top and set in the center (test with a skewer), around 30 to 35 minutes. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a microwave-safe bowl add the dulce de leche into and microwave to just slightly soften it, around 45 seconds. Using an offset spatula, spread on top of the cake base making an even layer. Dash on peanuts so that they wholly cover the caramel, using your hands gently press the peanuts into the caramel. Next, sprinkle on the mini chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in generous layers.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours to chill and make them easy to slice. Then, remove them from the pan, apply on a cutting board and cut into small squares. Serve.