This creamy cold tiramisu cake is so delicious! Rich, creamy, semi-cold and refreshing, this Italian cake can be your ideal spring-summer desert, especially if you like recipes that include coffee. Plus, its no-bake recipe that you can prepare anytime! Here is the recipe:
For the base:
- 1 store-bought pan di Spagna (pandispan) / basic sponge cake layer
- 1 cup prepared instant coffee
For the filling:
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 20 grams icing sugar
- 100 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon sweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon espresso coffee powder (optional)
- 1 package (7-ounce/200 grams) Savoiardi / ladyfingers
- Cocoa powder and/ or a few coffee beans
- Apply the sponge cake base on a round cake dish and wet it with the prepared coffee. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, in a mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and icing sugar and whisk until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Next, apply the condensed milk and egg yolk, and beat just until combined (1 minute). Apply the cocoa powder and coffee and whisk all over again until well-incorporated.
- Using a spatula, spread ½ of the cream on the base of the cake. Then, dip each ladyfinger into the prepared coffee and spread roundly all over the cream (cut some if needed).
- Pour the remaining cream and smooth gently with the spatula. Place in the freezer for 5 hours (preferably overnight).
- Before serving, decorate with cocoa powder (if desired).
- Serve straight from the fridge – it will be creamy and semi-cold (not ice cold). Slice and serve.