This creamy cold nougat cake is so rich, creamy, chocolatey, and very refreshing. If you like the nutty taste of nougat chocolate, then this dessert is the real deal for you! Easy, quick, delicious… and Italian – simply the best! Here is the recipe:
- 1 basic pandispan / sponge cake layer base
For the syrup:
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 5 tablespoons water
For the filling:
- 250 g heavy cream
- 15 grams’ confectioners’ sugar
- 100 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 grams/7 oz. nougat chocolate (melted)
- cocoa powder, to dust (optional)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Make the syrup, combining the water and rum in a small bowl or cup.
- Place the sponge cake layer base on a baking sheet/parchment paper and wet it equally with the dark rum and water mix and refrigerate for about 10 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, using an electric mixer, whisk the sugar and heavy cream until creamy and fluffy (until it reaches stiff peaks). Next, place the egg yolk and condensed milk; beat again for 1 minute to incorporate. Set aside.
- Then, melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or in a microwave (for 30 seconds) until it’s completely melted. While still warm, apply to the cream mixture. Whisk once again until you get a nice and thick chocolate mixture.
- Use a spatula to gently stir so that the cream does not disassemble.
- Spread over the cake layer and refrigerate for 5-6 hours (preferably overnight). This cake is served cold – it will have a nice creamy-cold texture.
- Dust with cocoa powder and/or chocolate curls. Slice and serve.