These chocolate mousse brownies are so creamy, chocolatey, and dense! If you are a fan of chocolate then these decadent bars are perfect for you! Brownies can be quite boring but combined with a chocolate mousse they can be really fun and delicious! You will need 20 minutes to prepare them, plus 30 minutes to cook. Here is the recipe:
For the brownie layer:
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs
For the chocolate mousse layer:
- 10 grams (1 package) powdered gelatin
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 20 ml (1 tablespoon) water
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
To make the brownie layer:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 9×9 inch square pan.
- In a small saucepan, place the butter and melt it over medium heat. When melted, carry on stirring over medium heat for around 2 minutes until the butter gets golden amber color. Take off from heat.
- Next, in a bowl, whip flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Apply melted butter, eggs, and vanilla, and mix to combine.
- Place brownie mix into prepared pan. Put in the oven and bake for around 25 to 30 minutes or just until an inserted tester comes out clean. Let it cool entirely on a wire rack. In the meantime, prepare the mousse.
To make the chocolate mousse:
- In a small saucepan or cup, combine the gelatin and cold water. Set aside for 3 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the heavy cream and sugar until stiff. Leave aside.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Melt it over a double-boiler or in a microwave. Next, pour the melted chocolate and dissolved gelatin into the cream Whisk until well incorporated.
- Spread the batter over cooled brownie layer. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set. Before serving, sprinkle some chocolate shavings. Slice and serve.