These nice coconut and raspberry jam slices are so simple and easy to prepare! All you need to do is spend 15 minutes in your kitchen and with a little effort, you will get these delicious slices. Here is the recipe:
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 225 grams (1 ½ cups) self-rising flour
- 110 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 125 grams melted unsalted butter
- 320 grams (1 cup) raspberry jam
- For the topping:
- 75 grams (1 cup) shredded coconut
- 80 grams (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease 20 cm by 30 cm slice tin and line it with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, apply the flour, sugar, desiccated coconut, egg, and butter and mix until combined. Next, with the back of a spoon press into the slice tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or just until golden brown. Remove (but do not turn off the oven).
- Then, spread the raspberry jam over the baked base. Set aside to firm a little. In the meantime, prepare the topping.
- To make the topping, in a medium bowl, place the shredded and desiccated coconut, butter, and egg whites and mix until well incorporated. Sprinkle over the raspberry jam layer and bake for additional 12–minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave aside in the tin to cool completely. Slice and serve.