This chocolate olive oil cake is super moist, rich, and very chocolatey. A quick and easy dessert that you can prepare in only 30 minutes. A perfect dessert for the whole family with just a few simple ingredients. Try it:
For the cake:
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold water
- 2/3 cup olive oil
For the ganache:
- 6 ounces’ heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 12 ounces’ dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Spray a 13x 9-inch lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, espresso powder (if using) and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the vinegar, olive oil, water, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using an electric mixer, beat until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow cooling.
- In the meantime, prepare the ganache. In a small saucepan, add the heavy cream and corn syrup. Bring to a simmer and place the chocolate pieces. Stir until glossy and smooth. Remove from heat and pour the vanilla. Spread the ganache over the cake evenly. Slice and serve.