This chocolate espresso mascarpone cake is so rich, creamy, and delicious Easy, simple, creamy, and no-bake – this dessert is made in heaven! Try the recipe:
- 5 ½ oz. shortbread biscuits (or cookies)
- 1 ½ oz. brown sugar
- 70 grams (2 ½ oz.) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 10 oz. heavy cream
- 6 oz. high-quality semisweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons strong espresso coffee, freshly brewed
- Chocolate shavings or small chocolate pieces
- In a blender or food processor, process the biscuits/cookies into fine crumbs. Then, add the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract and blend all over again to incorporate. Evenly press the mixture into the bottom of an 8-in. (20 cm) springform Refrigerate to set. In the meantime, prepare the cream.
- In a saucepan, apply the heavy cream, coffee, and chocolate pieces. Melt over a low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the mascarpone cheese. Stir to combine. Let it cool completely at room temperature.
- When cooled, pour the mixture over the crust. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours (or ideally overnight) to set completely.
- Before serving, sprinkle some chocolate shavings or some chopped chocolate (if desired). Slice and serve.